What's Typically Included in Venue, Catering & Rentals > Wedding Venue Bar Service
- Bar service for X number of hours, according to the bar package you select, which may offer top-shelf liquors, premium brands or just wine and beer
- Bartender service offered at a wedding venue
- Drinkware at a wedding venue
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Signature drinks
- Specialty drink bars like vodka luges and signature drink bars
- After-dinner drinks
- Specialty drinkware beyond the site's standard designs, may take rentals of specialty styles
- Champagne service, just for the toast or offered all night
- Artisanal ice
- Custom coasters
- Custom napkins
- Bar menus
- Bar signs, such as signs announcing a specialty drink
- Sourcing liquor from a local brewery or winery
- Rental of the bar itself
- Specialty bar like one made out of ice
- For an at-home party, rentals of drinkware and bar accessories
- For an at-home party, booking bartenders
- Specialty lighting at the bar
- A non-alcoholic drinks bar
- Soft drink decanters on display at the ceremony
- Specialty drinks offered at the ceremony
Why Does It Cost This Much?
Guests know their liquors. They're very savvy about their wines and hard liquors, and they expect high-level, great-tasting drinks. So a bar package featuring top-shelf liquors is of tremendous value and a noted aspect of successful weddings.
Having enough bars and enough bartenders to prevent long lines is also a factor in the cost of bar service, with talented mixologists becoming a part of your wedding's entertainment. A trained bar staff makes all the difference and is well worth the investment, particularly if you'll host an at-home wedding or at-home parties. The bartender makes the drinks, makes sure there is enough ice, and handles bar spills so that you can remain a guest of honor ' not a worker ' at your wedding or party.
We're seeing a return to after-dinner drinks, and the trend of multiple signature drinks, plus specialty drink bars like bourbon and tequila bars to make the festivities all the more exciting and indulgent for guests.