What's Typically Included in Attire & Accessories > Tuxedo/suit/other Rent/purchase
- Tuxedo Separates
- Slim fit tuxedoes
- Big and tall tuxedoes
- Tuxedo with tails or other ultra-formal look
- Dinner jacket
- Dress pants
- Big and tall suit
In both, premium colors and patterns, brand names and designer collections
Additional Cost Items to Look Out For
- Costs associated with cold-weather and warm-weather tuxedos and suit materials
- Costs associated with big and tall tuxedos, as well as tuxedoes labeled 'portly'
- Designer menswear costs can be far higher than budget-source suit stores' wares
- Boys' versions of tuxes or suits
- Alterations if not included in rental or purchase of tuxedo or purchase. Some department stores include alterations in their cost structures, and some don't. Just like some tux rental places offer included alterations and some don't.
- Extra charges for specialty colors or patterns
- Extra charges for putting in a rental order at the last minute
- Extra charges for rush alterations needed
- Extra charges for late returns of rented tuxedoes
- Transportation to tuxedo shop for rentals and fittings for the groom and men
- Getting a new or owned suit or tuxedo dry cleaned and pressed professionally
- Emergency repairs to suit or tuxedo, including having to buy a new one if groom has gained weight, or some household disaster has occurred like an iron scorch or pet damaging the suit.
Why Does It Cost This Much?
The men's look is of great importance on the wedding day. The groom wants to look his absolute best, and more often has an affinity for wearing an elite designer-made tuxedo or suit. Some grooms take this opportunity to buy a designer tuxedo for his future use, with his wedding being the first of all big moments for which he'll wear this tux. And many grooms, perhaps encouraged by their partners, see now as the time to buy that $2,000 suit that makes him look like a god (so says his partner.)
Quality of fabric and construction is everything in today's wedding menswear, and even at informal weddings where men wear a pair of khakis and a white button-down shirt without a tie, the quality of pants and shirt is of great importance.
We're in an age of men using wedding hashtags to note their Armani style, so we're seeing a brand-consciousness among grooms, which may or may not wow the groomsmen who then need to rent a pricier tuxedo to match the groom...but we are seeing a number of grooms who pick up the tux rental tab for their men, even handing that 'free tux rental for the groom' offer at the tux rental shop to their father or best man, to help their wedding budgets as well.